This book will equip early years educators with the basic information they require in order to respond appropriately to the child and their parents. The emphasis is on helping the child to participate as fully as possible in the curriculum, on equal terms with their peers.
The book has been designed to complement the principles, practice and learning outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework, and the goals, capabilities and learning outcomes of the National Curriculum. It will inform, support and inspire educators by:
- explaining the benefits of parents becoming active participants in their child’s experience
- providing insight into the concerns parents with children of additional needs may have and how you can overcome these together
- giving practical advice on how to improve communication, confidence and trust between the early years setting and parents
- advising on how to give parents appropriate and timely support
- giving an insight into the perspective of parents through lots of quotes and tips
- showing how to maximise a child’s early years experience by working together with parents in a partnership